Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry | Doctor
Clarity are looking for a Full time Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry in the UK.
Standard Duties and responsibilities
• To hold Approved Clinician status as defined within the Mental Health Act (1983) and undertake the duties of Responsible Clinician for those subject to the MHA 1983 under their care.
• To provide acute psychiatric care to service users admitted to the acute inpatient unit.
• To provide medical expertise within the multidisciplinary team and will include the assessment, diagnosis and management of individuals admitted to the unit.
• To contribute to and work as part of the multidisciplinary ward-based team being available and accessible and to provide support and supervision when appropriate.
• To work collaboratively with other services within the Trust and within the Voluntary Sector.
• To provide professional leadership, including clinical supervision to the medical team working within the service.
• To provide one hour a week educational supervision to the core trainee and clinical supervision for the Specialty Doctors.
• To take part in the Consultant on call rota if necessary.
• To work jointly with the Service Managers, the Clinical Director and Associate Director