Pulmonology position in Sweden
Main responsibilities and expectations
- The pulmonology department consists of an investigation unit where bronchoscopies are performed, EBUS; some pulmonologists do CT-controlled punctures, drainage inlays. The clinic has its own pulmonary X-ray.
- All pulmonary oncology treatment except surgery and radiation therapy is provided via the clinic. Weekly conferences with radiologists and thoracic surgeons are conducted. Adult patients with cystic fibrosis are cared for here.
- Lung transplant patients in Östergötland undergo check-ups at the clinic and are cared for in consultation with the transplant centre in Sweden. There is general lung surgery for patients with COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, sarcoidosis and other pulmonary conditions. Oxygen therapy and home respirator treatment units are also available at the clinic. Medical students come to the clinic for internships.
What’s expected of you
- Some or several years of experience as a specialist at a hospital.
- Good cooperation skills, ability and willingness to learn and develop within the profession.
- Since the hospital is a University hospital, there should be an interest in teaching co-workers and medical students.
Salary and Conditions
- Full time with duties later on every 5 or 6 weekends during daytime at the care unit. Occasionally duties during nighttime depending on competence and need.
- Employment starts after C1-course, before licensing to practice.
- Salary for a specialist doctor with a licence – 61.700 SEK.
What we offer:
- A free visit to see the place where you will live and work and meet future colleagues.
- A free preparing and intensive language course.
- A free intensive language course for partners and children in school age. Kindergarten for the youngest.
- Free apartment at the course location for you and your family, all costs covered(electricity, gas, water and WiFi).
- Flight tickets to the course location for the whole family.
- A scholarship for the intensive language course of 800 € monthly.
- Generous relocation package, including flight tickets and transportation of goods.
- We find you a place to live and help to register your children in a school or kindergarten.
- We help you with practical matters, such as social security number, medical card, bank accounts, etc.
- We help your spouse with sources for job search.
- We contact the moving company and arrange a moving trip.
- You receive an information package with practical details and a contact person to call in case of any problems.