Consultant Care of the Elderly | Doctor
Standard Duties and responsibilities
• Share work-load with consultant physician colleagues.
• To improve the care of older people with complex needs as well as improving the care of frail patients
• looking after a Older People ward dealing with complex acute care with the elderly, which focuses on patients with long term conditions, including dementia and movement
• Provide with the other Consultants a system of mutual out of hours cover for General
Internal Medicine and cover for annual, study and professional leave.
• Provide a consultation and advisory service to medical colleagues in other specialities in the Trust. 4. Liaise with medical staff in other specialities and participate in the regular clinical meetings and other post-graduate activities of the hospital.
• Take part in the continuing medical education programme. The Trust will provide study leave expenses in line with national terms and conditions of service.
• Play a full part in the teaching, audit and other governance activities of the department.
• Act as educational supervisor and engage in regular appraisal and assessment of all doctors in training or in equivalent posts for whom the post-holder has educational or organisational responsibility.
• Contribute to management of the service.
• Deploy unallocated, flexible professional time on liaison, emergency work, travel, continuing clinical responsibility, teaching, research, medical audit, inter-disciplinary meetings and continuing professional development.
• To undertake on call requirements as per Trusts requests.