Medical Genetics specialist for Sweden
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- The hospital is ranked as the best university hospital in Sweden by Dagens Medicin. It has 300 employees working with routine diagnostics, research, development and education within the fields of clinical chemistry, clinical microbiology, clinical immunology, transfusion medicine as well as pathology. The clinic also has an extensive molecular biological analysis department for both human and microbial diagnostics.
- There is some competence at the clinic regarding genetic and molecular biological analyses for both diagnostic and treatment of different types of cancer. However, there is a need for knowledge on the subject and for the establishment of clinical counselling and referral assessments as support for primary care and specialist care. Both for resident doctors and other professions who need more knowledge.
- As a specialist/senior consultant in clinical genetics you will be responsible for the clinics new structure, routines and continued development. The specialty will be set up as new unit within the Laboratory Medical Clinic. You will cooperate with the head of the clinic who is responsible for the clinic´s finance and personnel. Tutoring of students and younger colleagues as well as research will be a part of the job.
What’s expected of you
- To work independently and take initiatives.
- To create good relations and build up and maintain a functioning network.
- To be interested in improving and strengthen our university health care.
- Örebro Region County offers, in collaboration with Örebro University, a comprehensive program from doctoral to lecturer level, which gives good opportunities to conduct clinical research.
Salary and Conditions
- The specialist will be working weekdays only.
- The salary will be discussed separately.
- A free visit to see the place where you will live and work and meet future colleagues.
- A free preparing and intensive language course.
- A free intensive language course for partners and children in school age. Kindergarten for the youngest.
- Free apartment at the course location for you and your family, all costs covered (electricity, gas, water and WiFi).
- Flight tickets to the course location for the whole family.
- A scholarship for the intensive language course of 800 € monthly.
- Generous relocation package, including flight tickets and transportation of goods.
- We find you a place to live and help to register your children in a school or kindergarten.
- We help you with practical matters, such as social security number, medical card, bank accounts, etc.
- We help your spouse with sources for job search.
- We contact with the moving company and arrange the moving trip to Sweden.
- You receive an information package with practical details and a contact person to call in case of any problems.