ABOUT THE REGION
The region is situated at the southern end of Sweden's second largest lake. The city pulse blends with the harmonious calm of nature. The environment around the city and towns consists of forests, lakes and mountains. It also offers a culinary journey of choices, with restaurants from all the corners of the world, there is wide choice.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
The ophthalmology clinic is a part of the hospital in the city. At the clinic, they offer planned and emergency eye care and treatment to people with eye problems or eye disease and people in need of qualified eye care. You can come to them as a patient via a referral from an optician, GP or another doctor. They focus on eye care. There are several areas of eye care at the clinic, for example Glaucoma, Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Diabetic retinopathy, Corneal diseases, Eye inflammations, Eye muscle diseases, Eyelid problems, Visual impairment and neurology.
The clinic has approximately 35 treatment and examination rooms, three simpler operating theatres and two fully equipped operating theatres for major surgery and anaesthesia. They are in the middle of an expansion and expect to increase care by 10-15% within a couple of years.
Main responsibilities and expectations:
- Requirements are a few years of work experience in paediatric ophthalmology. Competence in strabismus surgery is also seen as an extra positive.
- Good theoretical knowledge in paediatric ophthalmology, and at least the basis required in the specialist competence.
- Important with a commitment to development and interest in the medical field. If you are active in research or LEAN management, it is meritorious.
- They are looking for an ophthalmologist who has experience working with children. This service will mean that a large proportion is done in the children's area. Surgical competence can be included if there is interest or experience.
What's expected of you:
- Responsible and thorough and aware of goals and quality standards. Good ability to collaborate, both within the eye clinics' pediatric and strabismus process team, but also a collaboration between clinics, for example, the pediatric clinic, habilitation, radiology and neurology.
- Flexible and problem- and solution-oriented. Great emphasis is placed on personal suitability.
- Good IT-skills.
- A free visit to see the place where you will live and work and meet future colleagues.
- A free preparation and intensive language course.
- A free intensive language course for partners and children of school age. Kindergarten for the youngest.
- Free apartment at the course location for you and your family.
- A scholarship for the intensive language course of 1000 € monthly.
- We find you a place to live and help to register your children in a school or kindergarten.
- We help you with practical matters, such as social security number, medical card, bank accounts, etc.
- We help your spouse with sources for job search.
- We contact the moving company and arrange the moving trip.
- You receive an information package with practical details and a contact person to call in case of any problems.
*To be a specialist doctor/nurse/dentist with at least 2-3 years of experience and graduated from an EU university.
* To be an EU citizen or have an EU Long-term residence permit.
In case you are not an EU citizen:
* Your diploma has to be homologated in one of the EU countries.
* You need to have at least 2-3 years of experience in one of the EU countries after the title homologation.
* Long term residency from an EU country.