ABOUT THE CITY
The city is one of the oldest cities in Denmark, with approx. 91.000 inhabitants. It is famous for its cathedral and as an important sports city in Denmark.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
The Neurology Department consists of two functional units. Classical Neurology has main and regional functions in classical neurological diseases and neurorehabilitation. The center has highly specialized neurorehabilitation for patients with spinal cord injury.
• The Hospital is looking for a neurologist with experience and interest in one or more of the classic neurological subspecialties: dementia, epilepsy, headache, sclerosis, or neuromuscular.
• The functions of the clinics are carried out by a multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, therapists, and secretaries.
• You will also be part of a well-functioning specialist medical group, where you will be involved in the various tasks of the department, including ward functions. In addition, emergency and elective clinic duties as well as emergency duty.
• You will be involved in training tasks, including as a supervisor for doctors in training, with the opportunity to attend a supervisor course. In addition, depending on your areas of interest, you may be involved in research projects, quality work, or administrative tasks.
What's expected of you
• To be a neurology specialist interested in one or more of the subspecialties: dementia, epilepsy, headache, sclerosis, or neuromuscular.
• To have a proven track record in treating patients with classic neurological diseases.
• To take responsibility for initiating and implementing new treatments.
• To have a good overview of complex care pathways.
• To have a desire to work in an interdisciplinary manner and preferably have experience in the medical management of a multidisciplinary team.
• To be inspired by innovation and new approaches.
• To work independently in performing duties to patients, relatives, and colleagues.
• To participate and initiate research.